Tuesday, July 14, 2009

4th of July, San Francisco


The plan for the 4th of July was photographing San Francisco fireworks from Angel Island. A few unforeseen problems got in the way and we had to settle for less than perfect results. 
  • Absence of a tripod: This can be attributed to my foolishness rather than an unexpected hardship. What kind of a photographer would try to shoot fireworks without a tripod but me? I ended up setting the camera on a cooler and going on my knees and elbows to have access to the viewfinder.
  • Low temperatures: I never fail to think San Francisco weather would be comparable to our very own San Jose's warm temperatures. It was uncomfortably cold even with borrowed extra clothing layers.
  • Less than perfect firework location: We really hoped they would fire the fireworks strategically so we could have beautiful city views as a background. But no, probably no one cared about giving us the perfect views.
  • Wind: The smoke produced by the fireworks moved to the South giving us an unsightly cloud.
Despite of all the adversity, a few images survived the quality control cut. 


Bay Bridge


San Francisco Lights
I thought about adding the fireworks to this image but what's the point? 
If somebody paid me for it, sure...


Feather Boas


Daisies


Light Showers Over Nowhere


No comments: